Monday, August 27, 2012

Veggie Pops

I know I should post about syrup- but today I've been canning and juicing and preserving...so this post is going to be about making something icy  from vegetables.

I know. Wierd. I get it. But--- it is possible to have an icy treat using veggies.

Gazpacho Pops:

1 lb chopped tomatoes
1 small bunch of parsley
1 cucumber- diced
1/2 - 1 jalapeno diced and seeds removed
Juice from 3 limes
1/2 t. salt
Honey

Put your chopped tomatoes (preferably cherry tomatoes- multi-colored look pretty!) into a blender and pulse a few times.

Stir in chopped celery, diced cucumber, diced jalapeno, lime juice and salt. Add a touch of honey.

Pout into pop molds. You can even get super crafty and julienne a celery stick to use as the pop stick!

Freeze overnight- unmold and enjoy as a sweet and spicy treat or an appetizer on a hot day. Add vodka if you are feeling extra spicy!

If you want to up to veggie factor (kid friendly) add some chopped broccoli - super fine. Or even some pureed spinach in layers. My kids will eat anything if I call it a popsicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment