Wednesday, August 8, 2012

About Us




We are a family just like yours- trying to make ends meet by sharing our passion for fresh local food and new, innovative ways to use local ingredients in fun ways! 









You know us as Snow Daze- a mobile concession business selling all-natural, fruit based shaved ice and recently fruity, refreshing sodas made from old fashioned recipes!




Soon- you'll be able to buy our fresh fruit syrups to use at home, and here is where we will share our unique recipes for using them. Not just for crazy amazing sodas like the classic Fruit Fizz, or the sophisticated Egg Cream, but also ways to incorporate them into baking, saucing and flavoring. We expect to be selling them at the markets before the end of the season and at local gourmet food stores through the Fall and Winter. So- if you get a mid-February hankering for a snow cone- you can get our syrups to remind you of the beautiful summer sun.



We'll keep you posted. We appreciate you all. But of course- this post wouldn't be complete without

...a Recipe!
Although we focus on local foods- tonight I'm going to share with you what I've been eating lately. It isn't local (next time it will be!) but- it IS delicious.

My late night sweet tooth has taken over my life. Every night I long for the moment I put the girls into bed and I can break out the dark chocolate, the cupcakes I made, the frozen deliciousness in my freezer like roasted banana, cherry and coffee ice cream....but....these are not low-cal or dairy free which I'm supposed to be doing. And it's not awesome for my figure. So- a hit at our trailer last year has re-entered my home and now it can be your treat too!

BANANA SOFT SERVE - yes it's just bananas

Equipment-
A masticating juicer or a serious blender

Ingredients-
Ripe, frozen bananas (peeled, broken in half and then frozen at least 8 hours)
Optional:
2 T peanut butter
1 T cocoa or raw cacao

Take 1 frozen banana (broken in half) and put it in a blender with PB and cocoa- blend until creamy. and eat. so simple! Top with slivered almonds, coconut- whatever!

If you have a masticating juicer - wow you are cool- but, to use it in this way- start with half a banana into the top, push it through, follow with the peanut butter and cocoa, and then finish with the other half of banana to incorporate everything into the "soft serve". 

This is also really delicious just a banana with granola on a hot morning.  My kids think they are having ice cream for breakfast. I'm so good ;)

1 comment:

  1. Looks incredible. Cant wait to follow you on this amazing journey. Congratulations & much love!!!!

    ReplyDelete